We kennen Elizabeth Gilbert vooral van haar memoir Eat, pray love, waar meer dan 12 miljoen exemplaren van zijn verkocht. 11 inspirerende quotes van haar hand.
Voordat haar boek Eat, pray, love in 2006 verscheen, had ze al succes op literair vlak. Zo schreef ze haar eerste roman Stern men in 2000 en twee jaar later verscheen haar eerste non-fictie boek The last American man. Na haar grote doorbraak in 2006 volgden nog meerdere boeken (zoals City of girls), was ze te zien in de talkshow van Oprah Winfrey en hield ze meerdere TED Talks over onderwerpen als creativiteit.
De inspirerende quotes van Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Be the weirdo who dares to enjoy.”
- “Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.”
- “Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.”
- “At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.”
- “Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch. Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark.”
- “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”
- “To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.”
- “Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing…”
- “Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.”
- “Sometimes life is too hard to be alone, and sometimes life is too good to be alone.”
- “Do whatever brings you to life, then. Follow your own fascinations, obsessions, and compulsions. Trust them. Create whatever causes a revolution in your heart.”
Fotografie Sofy Matussin/Unsplash.com