Betty White was niet alleen een steengoede actrice en presentatrice, ook een groot voorbeeld voor velen. Elf quotes van deze bijzondere vrouw.
11 quotes van Betty White
- “Animals don’t lie. Animals don’t criticize. If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans do.”
- “Friendship takes time and energy if it’s going to work. You can luck into something great, but it doesn’t last if you don’t give it proper appreciation. Friendship can be so comfortable, but nurture it, don’t take it for granted.”
- “You can lie to anyone in the world and even get away with it, perhaps, but when you are alone and look into your own eyes in the mirror, you can’t sidestep the truth. Always be sure you can meet those eyes directly.”
- “A lady likes to be complimented on her looks, her eyes, her figure. But the personality comments are much appreciated.”
- “Don’t try to be young. Just open your mind. Stay interested in stuff.”
- “It’s your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humor in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.”
- “Butterflies are like women— we may look pretty and delicate, but baby, we can fly through a hurricane.”
- “You don’t luck into integrity. You work at it.”
- “So you may not be as fast on your feet, and the image in your mirror may be a little disappointing, but if you are still functioning and not in pain, gratitude should be the name of the game.”
- “I think it’s your mental attitude. So many of us start dreading age in high school and that’s a waste of a lovely life. ‘Oh… I’m 30, oh, I’m 40, oh, 50.’ Make the most of it.”
- “There is even a funny side to aging, if one has a warped sense of humor.”
- Joséphine Baker: een leven vol verzet.
- Maya Angelou: dertien inspirerende quotes.
- Het bijzondere leven van Frida Kahlo.
Tekst Bente van de Wouw Fotografie Getty Images